How Much is the Demand of SAP MM In India?
SAP MM has a good future in India as per huge demand in the market. In the market, SAP technology will stay for the next 30 years at the present state and it is still growing. Among all modules, it is functional modules such as SD, MM, etc, and all that is in great demand. SAP MM (Material Management) module is used in many companies as the material is the basic requirement. To add your value in the market, you may learn many functional modules such as QM, SD, BASIS, ABAP, etc. So, SAP MM has a very good scope at present or in the coming future also.
What is SAP MM?
SAP MM is one of the essential modules of SAP ERP software. Many business companies use SAP Material management for managing purchasing and transactional data as it is both cost-effective and time-efficient. SAP MM comes under a logistic function that helps the industry from procurement to product delivery. SAP MM module is containing different units for managing vendors and material procurement, material quality & condition, and vendors’ payment.
What is SAP Business Process in SAP MM Module?
SAP business process is an essential part of the SAP MM module. SAP material management deals with unit maintenance, planning, production, distribution, sales, and warehouse management of a company. SAP MM also helps in managing the human resources and inventory of a company.
SAP MM Features
- SAP MM deals with material and inventory management.
- SAP MM is the process that keeps checking breaches in the supply chain of a company.
- SAP MM also manages the activities of procurement.
- To increase the productivity and cut the cost, it manages material and resources of a company.
- SAP MM deals with Master Data, Valuation of Material, and Material need, Invoice Verification, etc.
SAP MM Advantages
- It reduces the operation cost.
- It reduces inventory losses by removing unessential material.
- Automatic material management and procurement activities lead to an effective process.
Procurement Process In SAP MM Module
There are 2 types of Procurement processes in the SAP MM module:
- Basic Procurement
- Special Procurement
Basic Procurement: The process to buy the accurate material and services at an incorrect quantity at a low price and at the correct time is called basic procurement.
Basic Procurement Lifecycle
There is different basic procurement cycle:
- Gathering Information: The procurement process commences with the collection of details regarding a product and its quantity. After that as per the requirement of products and services, suppliers should be contacted.
- Suppliers: Based on the need, suppliers contacted and requested to fulfill the need. Consumption, Disposal, and maintenance: As per the performance, Products and services evaluate. Based on the performance, it gets decided whether the order will repeat from the same dealer or a new dealer will contact.
- Special Procurement: Stock that does not belong to your company and stores at a specific location is called special stocks. The method to procure these stocks is called special procurement.
Types Of Special Procurement And Special Stocks
- Consignment Stocks: Material that is available at store premises is called consignment stocks. This material belongs to the supplier, but for using it you need to pay the vendor.
- Third-party Processing: In this, the organization passes its orders to the sellers who deliver directly to the consumers. All these orders are updated within purchase orders, purchase demand, and sales orders.
- Pipeline Handling: the company does not store the material; rather, the vendor stores it. Material is an order from the seller whenever it is needed by the organization.
- Stock Transport Order: When one plant needs some goods, it orders them from another plant of the company. Using the stock transport order, these goods are procured. Using stock transport orders, goods transferring can be monitored.
Career Opportunities for SAP MM Certified Candidates
SAP MM certificate provides well-paid jobs in many domains in the ERP market. The important thing for SAP professionals is to have a knowledge business process run in material management. SAP M holders work sectors are:
- SAP MM consultants
- SAP MM Plant Maintenance analyst
- Purchase Executive
- SAP MM functional Configurator
- Sap End User
- SAP Functional Analyst in MM
- Team Leader
- Material Manager
The above-given profiles need the experience of the full lifecycle with proper plan and analytical skills. Various companies need professionals with 2-4 years of experience. SAP MM design for facilitating the following business process of a company:
- Invoice Verification
- Evaluation of Materials
- Inventory Management
- Consumption-Based Planning
- Vendor Master and Material Master Data
SAP MM Growth and Salary
Individuals who belong to SAP MM Trainee Consultants or SAP MM Associates having required skills get a high salary package. It is one of the leading logistics areas that consist of Production Planning, Warehouse management, and sales & distribution. In the world, there is a huge demand for SAP MM consultants. For meeting the prevailing standard, there is a serious commitment and dedication needed.
In the end, we can say that there is a huge demand for SAP MM (Material management) in India. Therefore many individuals want to get SAP online training. There are various SAP training institutes in India, especially in Delhi NCR. If any of you want to get SAP training in Noida can rely on ShapeMySkills Pvt Ltd, the best SAP Training institute in Noida.